Saturday, October 20, 2012

blessed fall break

First of all...I think the lack of laptop is causing the fall off in my blogging.  I've had stuff all week to post, but the best vehicle is my laptop.  If I hook it up to the monitor in the computer room when no one is occupying the desktop computer, I am almost c.o.n.s.t.a.n.t.l.y interrupted by my loving family.

For the first time ever, my school system had an entire week off for Fall Break!!  And to say that we surely needed it after the circus that the first nine weeks has been, is an understatement.

My family and I took advantage of the pleasant fall weather and rented a cabin at a State Park not far from our home. 


  This was the view from our cabin, which featured a screen porch overlooking the water.


We rented a canoe one day, and one of my children humored me and we paddled around on the Inner Canoe Trail.

We saw small alligators, bunches of turtles and random birds.


In  the evening, the grill masters bar-b-q'd.


A crane flew over to check it out...


We finished off the evening with s'mores and child #2 rearranging the furniture to have a good view of the television for the Presidential debate.



Dear hubby, bless his heart, had never made s'mores before, but had seen a recipe on TV.  He had bought semi-sweet chocolate earlier in the day, which he melted in a pan and spread on the marshmallow-graham cracker combos.


It was tres bien!

We spent two nights in the swamp and then made our way home where we had time to catch up on things that seem to get left in the dust during school...Eagle Project, blogging, haircuts, attending school board meetings,  Boy Scout things.  It has been a lovely week.  Trust me when I say that the time has flown!

Happy Fall Break!






2 comments:

  1. My laptop took a dive and I miss it. I will be selecting my replacement soon, as the old one was covered under the extended protection plan. I dislike being tethered to the desktop. I am looking forward to getting a new computer again, while I mourn the loss of one that I was REALLY pleased to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get away! Sounds like some good quality time. Not sure about the gator, though..I think I would've been ready to get far, far away from it!

    ReplyDelete