Sunday, November 13, 2011

seven for sunday

How about some quick takes?  Which I can never do because I like to talk too much.  And Sunday is probably the wrong day...but oh well.

1.  We have lemons, yes we do!  We have lemons, how about you??  I know you're supposed to make lemonade when life gives you lemons, but really?  I'm looking for some other recipes at this point.  Some that need lots and lots of lemon juice.  We have given some away.  I dropped off a bag of various fruits for my pastor, and he begged for a fruit moratorium.  Apparently, we are not the only ones with fruit to share.  

2.  I always said my dream home would have a fireplace!  I am in my dream home!  It still doesn't seem real...I really never thought it would happen this side of heaven.  We lit the fireplace for the first time the other night.  Was a little under-whelmed by the heat produced.  But it was pretty.  It is a gas burner...kind of missed the crackle and smell of wood.  But I'm not complaining.  No, I am not!

3.  It's a full moon week!  If you think it doesn't influence behavior, then you are not a middle school teacher.  Throw in a cold front, and it's really a fun time!  Our assistant principal has been out for two weeks due to a death in the family and our principal was out all of last week.  Think things haven't been insane on our campus?

4.  Do tell me...why must a single oak tree have a whole forest worth of acorns?  These are what was swept up from around the pool and fished out of the pool.  We won't even talk about what has been swept off of the driveway.  And it's not done yet!  One rolled off the roof and nearly bounced in my coffee yesterday morning!

5.  And then there are the leaves.  These are from the neighbor's tree.  Kind of pretty, actually.  But my kids have a new chore.  It's called leaf-duty.  Apparently swimming pool maintenance is a year-round thing.

6.  A view of the front lawn from my open window...almost at ground level.  I love living in a house where I can open the windows!  The weather was beautiful today!

7.  This is a tree in a yard at the front of the subdivision.  I have been admiring it all week.  Finally this afternoon, I took my camera and walked the dog down that way.  I tried to avoid looking like a stalker while I snapped a few pictures of the tree.  I think the colors are beautiful.  I have no idea what it is called.

And there you have it!  Seven is the number of completion and perfection - according to our Bible Study on Revelations.  So I suppose this post is perfectly completed!



1 comment:

  1. Wow at the acorns! And I feel ya on the pool maintenance.

    ReplyDelete