Thursday, June 21, 2012

a few pictures...

Mostly sharing a few pictures.


Summer is well underway.  Though nothing much is happening.  A shortage of funds has us hanging close to home.  There is a neighborhood to ride bikes in and a pool to swim in.  My children are so stir-crazy they were ready to come with me to the funeral home for the funeral of a friend of my sister-in-law today. 

I love my camera's zoom...the squirrel was running away from an attacking bird on the neighbor's roof.


Was trimming shrubs the other day.  All was well until one of these  ^ horrid things stung me.  I retaliated with wasp spray.  A paste of vinegar and baking soda on the sting did amazing things.  It was almost gone the next day.


Dear husband and I survived our first joint counseling session yesterday.  We got a few hurried tips on communication techniques.  I guess for us to practice them, we will actually have to have a conversation of some substance.  There is so much I would like to tell him, but I hesitate because I don't know what the reaction will be.  It is emotionally safer to keep it to myself. But the journey begins with a step, and we have taken it.


These roses are about 8 feet in the air.  There bush is obscured and over-shadowed by a lemon tree.  But the rose didn't give up.  It reaches - up, up, up - until it breaks out over the citrus tree.  Beautiful.  There is a lesson in there somewhere about not giving up - right?


Looking up.  The palm tree has what we guess are seeds or seed pods.


We saw a bird building the nest in the shrub next to the garage the other day.  Today, son #1 (who is taller than the rest of us) peered in and saw eggs.   I held the camera up high and aimed down.

And that is the excitement we are dealing with for now!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Your photos are lovely. Are your stir-crazy kids interested in this too? Good lucky on the counseling. Sometimes things get worse before they get better. Like taking a scab off a wound and finding lots of pus.

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete