Saturday, June 11, 2011

come holy spirit

Trying an email entry here...uncharted territory. I can do most things from my iPad, but one thing I have not yet figured out how to do is blog. Something about my browser not supporting it. I know there IS "an app for that", but before I blow the five bucks, someone suggested that I try to email it...so here we go! My motivation for doing this is that when I go to visit my BFF in a few weeks, I would prefer not to lug the laptop through airport security, etc.

Have you noticed the past couple of weeks, everything has been about the Holy Spirit? I never really noticed it before this year.

Went to hear a priest speak at a luncheon earlier this week, and he started off with a prayer to the Holy Spirit..."Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of the (your?) faithful, enkindle in them the power of your love...". I knew this from somewhere. Childhood?

I went to confession earlier in the week. My penance was to "pray earnestly" each day until Sunday to ask the Holy Spirit to "increase my capacity" to love Jesus and allow Him to work through me.

At Mass one morning, we had a homily on the gifts of the Holy Spirit and a quick reference to the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

All leading to the celebration this weekend of Pentecost...the coming of the Holy Spirit. Because Jesus said he would never leave us...He would be with us until the end of the age.

> Come Holy Spirit, come!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a little help from the Holy Spirit~your emailed post looks great!

    I'd love to know how you did it. I have the same issue with the iPad and blogging.

    Many blessings,
    Ho

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI~“Pay it Forward” is posted. I hope you’ll be able to participate. I’m hoping to build “Pay It Forward” up to be a meaningful event, but I need your help to do it. If you can find the time to join in, it would really help to grow the effort!

    Time and time again, I’ve wanted the blogging world to meet someone I’ve met, or read something I’ve read. That’s what this blog meme is all about, “Pay It Forward.” Instead of keeping all these great finds and great friends to myself, or you keeping your great finds and great friends to yourself, we spread the LUV. Sharing the Good News, great tips, wonderful prayers, fabulous photos, scrumptious recipes, hilarious humor, unbelievable books, stories of goodwill, or whatever good knocks your socks off … with one another. I’d love to have you join in the fun, “Pay It Forward,” to those you admire and appreciate, and I hope we’ll get to know each other along the way.

    ReplyDelete