Monday, July 11, 2011

i should be working...

But it is hot and sticky and I am slacking.  I should be sorting and boxing and moving stuff, but...

Taking advantage of being at the old house with access to internet...

Let me upload a few pics from the last few weeks...

Across the street from "the old house" was an older house with majestic Live Oak trees in the front yard.

  
But they are not there anymore.
We watched as they were dismantled limb by limb.
Making way for a mega power line.
All of the trees along that side of the road have fallen in the past few weeks.
Changes the look of things entirely.
 Here the last limb of the last tree is lopped off.
:-(


Back at the new house we have been trying to figure out how things work.
Like the fireplace.  
Nothing happens when you turn the red valve.
Maybe I need to call the gas company.


And we've been figuring out pool rules, too.


You know this is not going to end well.


Sharp plastic connecting with a toe ended that fun with much more finality than
mom saying, "don't do that!"  
Some lessons are best learned first hand.



We celebrated the July 4th at "the old house".  
BarBQ ribs....yum!

Here's a "lost and found" item.
Dear Hubby's grandmother gave me this rosary when I graduated from college (back in '86).
Several years ago (7 or more) it went missing.
I thought I had lost it on vacation.
Dear hubby found it in the packing and sorting. 


I was thrilled.
Looks a little better with the cross polished....


There are roses at the new house.


Although this more accurately shows the moving chaos.

Notice that you see NO pictures of the moving chaos at the old house. 
It is just h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e.


Dear son pointed out the irony here.
Wearing a coke shirt, holding a pepsi bottle.  


The dog is adjusting fairly well.


Here she is...enrolled in doggy swimming lessons.

She swims, but she doesn't really love it.
Yet.


And those are pictures from the nice side of my life.
 
I haven't shown the sweat and the dust and the trash.
Rest assured, there is way more of that than I would like right now.
Can you say "renting a dumpster"?

It is a little disconcerting to have TWO houses that are in disarray.
But hopefully, by the end of the month, things will have righted themselves somewhat.  
The old house will be emptied and the new house will have things put away.

Hopefully.

And the advice from Mass this morning?
It came from St. Benedict - who's feast we celebrated today.

In all things, put Christ first!

Maybe I need to do a bit of that today....

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that your husband found the rosary! I love it! And your son jumping in the pool on the chair....PRICELESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete