Wednesday, January 11, 2012

gremlins

A few short takes...random fragments...whatever

 1 - First of all, I am feeling 1000% better than I did yesterday.  Still a little stuffy, but no coughing, no sinus headache pressure, no watery eyes.  I made it the whole day with no meds!  Rest was the ticket, I think.

2 - Had a twilight zone experience this week.  On glancing through the bulletin, I saw three names in the Mass intentions that could have only been there by my request - a childhood neighbor, one of my students, and my BFF's mom.  All three had passed away during the first week of January in successive years.  But I had absolutely NO recollection of having requested a Mass intention for them recently, and it would be quite unlike me to do it months ahead of time. 

So....thinking that the secretary had taken the names from last year's Mass intention book accidentally, I emailed to ask.  She said that I had sent her an email on December 20 requesting them.  Well, December 20 was before the 10-day, 6-grandkid tour, so I still had some sanity intact, and I was 99.999% sure I had done no such thing.  So I checked my "sent" messages, and sure enough - December 20, 2010, I had sent such an email.  How it came to be in her inbox a year after I sent it, I have no clue.  I'm pretty sure she is one of those delete-an-email-as-soon-as you-deal-with-it kind of people.  Unlike me, who has 6,000 messages in my inbox.  (Just for the record, I DO delete some.)  All I can figure is that one of those people must have needed to have a Mass said for them, and God made it happen.

3.  Another twilight zone experience this evening.  We were so delighted to find a Dollar General just a mile or so from our house a few months ago - a place where we can run to pick up milk, etc.  So tonight, after supper, drove to the DG, parked my car, locked it, went inside, grabbed my gallon of milk, went back to my car.  When I approached I noticed the interior lights were on.  I unlocked the door and opened it, and the radio was still playing!  When I got home, the same thing happened.  I was wondering how I was going to get it to shut off, but opening the back door did the trick.

4.  We have lived in our house for six months.  In all that time, the garage door has never functioned properly.  On Sunday, it suddenly began to work.   It is so cool to be able to close the door from the outside.

5.  I got a Barnes and Noble gift card for Christmas, so I bought Mother Teresa's book "Come, Be My Light" and downloaded it on my iPad.  It is the first "real" book I've downloaded, and I wasn't sure I was going to like reading it there as opposed to an actual book, but so far, so good.   The content is deep, but explained very simply....easily understood by normal people.

6. My older child has joined the wrestling team at school.  It has been good for him to meet new people and have something at school to belong to, but I haven't really felt the love, yet.  I spent 6 hours, with sinus issues in full swing, sitting in a high school gym last Saturday waiting to see my child compete, only to find out that his only match had taken place earlier in the morning before I got there.   I was kind of looking forward to the end of weekend tournaments, Wednesday night meets, and after school practices.  Today my younger child tells me that he is joining the track team.  Oh well. 

7.  One of my friends went to confession during Advent for the first time in 37 years.  She said it wasn't easy, but she is glad she did it.  She said our priest was awesome and didn't bat an eye.  (I had told her he wouldn't, but...)  Be encouraged if you are in the same boat.  it is so neat to listen to her talk about receiving Holy Communion after all those years and the lightness she feels in her heart.

8..  The one and only time in my life that I was somewhat willing to cheer for LSU was Monday night, and there was n.o.t.h.i.n.g to cheer for. Nothing.

That is all. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment