Saturday, February 18, 2012

ten things about me that you might not know...link up

Linking this up with my friend Allison (albeit a bit late...) on Rambling Follower.  Join me, if you wish.

By the time I get to the end, it might be "10 things you don't really care if you ever knew"...but anyways....

1.   I am of German, Hungarian, and Irish ancestry (in that order, I think), but I am married to a Cajun.

2.  I have been teaching for 25 years, and all but a year and a half of that has been with Middle School Special Education.  My first semester was with K-3 special ed, and I spent one very long year teaching a regular class of 29 fourth graders.

3.   I was born in Wichita Falls, TX, but have lived all but the first year of my life in Louisiana.  Most of my cousins, aunts/uncles, etc, still live in Texas, and as kids we visited often.  My siblings and I have all thanked my parents for moving.  Apologies to any readers who live in north Texas Tornado Alley.

4.  I was in a tornado once.  I was in second grade, and my brother was in Kindergarten.  I was in the church at school, and I remember a section of roof flying off.  And there was glass everywhere, and the new carpet was ruined.  And the priest was walking around inside the church with his umbrella open afterwards.  I was scared of bad weather for a long time after.

5.  I am far more likely to write about something than to talk about something.

6.  I am an introvert.  My husband is an extrovert.  Endless talking about useless stuff makes me crazy.

7.  There are a lot of things I do not share with my husband.  I wish he listened better.  Conversation shouldn't be a competition.  I have a best friend that I can share anything with.  She listens and she "gets" what I am saying.  I wish she didn't live 1200 miles away.

8.  Death does not scare me.  Suffering does.  But I try not to live life in fear.  Fear is a lack of trust in God.  Suffering is a tool that God uses to make us more like Him and bring us closer to Him.  If we allow it.

9. I have 2 brothers and a sister.  I am the oldest.  There are 17 months between me and my first brother.  Six years between him and my second brother.  And six more years between him and my sister.  My husband has an older brother and a younger sister...all within a 3 year age span.

10.  I am closely watching the weather.  While I was writing this post, I gathered my offspring (woke one up) and headed into the laundry room.  I could hear the wind howling, and then I saw hail.  Along with tornado warnings, etc.

Bonus.  I could probably keep going, but I will spare you!

If you are so inspired, you can create a similar post and put the link in your comments.

1 comment:

  1. you are hereby awarded a "Versatile Blogger" award. See my link for details.http://ramblingfollower.blogspot.com/2012/02/woot-i-rarely-win-awards.html

    ReplyDelete