Saturday, February 13, 2010

pictures, please?

This blog is in sore need of some pictures to break up some of the monotony, but I haven't taken many since our trip to Tampa nearly a month ago.  I have a few of the snow yesterday, but they are not among my better pictures.

Yesterday, 49/50 states had snow.  Hawaii was the lone hold-out.  Here, it had rained all night.  I was on my way yesterday morning to 6:30 Mass.  It was raining and dark, but in the headlights, I could see what looked like the occassional weird raindrop/snowflake.  By the time I got to church, I could see that it was, in fact, snowflakes, and there were quite a few of them.  The temperature was around 36, which made this all the more unusual.  Probably goes back to that whole "the Saints won the Super Bowl, so now hell is freezing over" thing.  It snowed until about 9:00 a.m.  The kids were not impressed that school was not cancelled.  I, for my part, have seen more snow in the past two years, than I've seen in the previous 43.  Further proof of global warming, I guess. 

A few of my pictures: 

No comments:

Post a Comment