Monday, May 10, 2010

mother's day

'Twas a good Mother's Day.  As Mother's Days go.

I was a little bummed that my tentative plans to go see my own mom didn't work out.  This time of the year is SO hectic with something every weekend.  When I ended up with my husband's grandson spending the weekend and my 8th grader ended up with a ton of homework due on Monday, I knew 2 hours on the road was out of the question.

We went to Mass as a family on Saturday evening - that was nice.  On the way home, we stopped at the drug store to pick up some prescriptions, and the kids "bought" me some chocolate.  It feels weird to go to Mass nearly every day of the week except Sunday, so even if we go on Saturday evening, I will often go again on Sunday morning, and I was able to do that this Sunday.  Can't beat Mass for a way to start the day.

While I was gone, my 13 year old did some flower arranging.  On his own, he cut some of the roses from the bush out front and put them in a vase.  Not the prettiest of roses, but a pretty arrangement - all red with one white one mixed in.  Then he cut some of his beloved petunias (purple and pink) and put them in another vase.  Meanwhile, dear hubby cut a magnolia out of the tree and gave it to his grandson to give to me!  It was all very sweet.

The best part, though, was when my 13 year old told me, "My friends talk about how they hate their moms.  I don't get it - I LOVE my mom."  Awwww.... I wonder how long that sentiment will endure.

We ate lunch with the in-laws - bar-b-qued hamburgers and spent time with two more of the grandchildren.  Pictures of some of the fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment