Monday, May 3, 2010

bff

I am so thankful for my "BFF" (Best Friend Forever).  We have been friends since 1978; that's a long time!  We met in 9th grade CCD, discovered that we went to the same school, liked a few of the same things, and that's all it took.  All in all, I don't think we are a lot alike in a lot of ways, but we do share some important things - like faith and values - and that is everything. 

Twelve or thirteen years ago, I was a fairly new mom with two small children and a full-time job, and she was a fairly new cloistered nun (or novice). Even then we would comment on how our lives seemed to run on the same themes.  Everything I did was on someone else's schedule (feeding, changing, sleeping), and such was life in the monastery for her(praying, working, eating).Years have passed, and sometimes I will email her with things that wouldn't go anywhere else, and she will email back with a parallel situation that she is going through.    

I can't get into specifics here about situations at work, but with my BFF, I can confide ALL the details.  It was kind of cool to get back an email today saying, "we must be twins who were separated at birth."  Bottom line, we are both in need of all the prayers that we can get.   We are separated by many miles, but prayer transcends time and space.  Let us pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment