Wednesday, August 4, 2010

one prayer answered

Sometimes I am in awe of how well we are taken care of and provided for by our Heavenly Father.  Way beyond what we deserve.

Today was the dreaded first day of school of a much dreaded year for me.  Have you gotten that sense reading this blog?  But I had decided that between the grace of confession and the alcohol in the small section at Walgreens, I would survive the year.

I went to Mass this morning with my sister-in-law and a friend at Our Lady of the Library.  (Not really, they are just having daily Mass in the parish library until their church is repaired.)  It was the Feast of St. Jean Vianney, and the homily was about living so that others can see Jesus in us.  Very appropriate for a back-to-school message.

After that, I very reluctantly made my way to school.

Not long after I arrived, one of my co-workers mentioned that our supervisor had resigned over the summer!!  You can get a sense of the frustration I felt in the first couple of paragraphs of this post.  I am SO thrilled!! I wish the best for her, but I wanted to do cartwheels when I heard that bit of news!

I just finished a novena of the Seven Sorrows Rosary. That's nine consecutive days of saying/praying this rosary.  From someone who's not really a "Mary person."  I wonder if this has anything to do with it?  Especially since my school situation was one of my top petitions.  (And I didn't forget to tell God and His Mother, "thank you".) 

Not all of my issues have dissipated, but now I have the sense that I WILL survive.  I can deal with what is left on my plate.  And I might be able to do it without too many detours by the liquor section at Walgreens!  

Lord, show me the goodness You want me to become.

Happy dancin'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment