Wednesday, August 11, 2010

treasure

Last year, I typed up some of my favorite scripture verses in fancy fonts and pretty colors, and printed them out on a piece of cardstock, which I taped to the front of my microwave in my little corner at school.  One of those tidbits of scripture was Luke 12:34...For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

This summer has been so rich.  That's the best way I can describe it.  Rich.  So many treasures.

A retreat weekend with my sister-in-law and Immaculee.

A deepening relationship with sister-in-law.

A rosary well prayed with thoughtful meditations.

An introduction to Our Lady of Kibeho.  

The discovery of the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows.

Praying the Rosary with others.

Praying the Rosary with my nearly 15 year old son sharing my chair, resting on me, and praying along

The grace of knowing the things that need work in my life.

A wonderful confession.

An invitation to serve as a Eucharistic minister.

Lots of quiet.

A great visit with a best friend.

Jesus' Mom.

Coffee with friends after daily Mass.

God speaking.

Teenage sons who are requesting to work on a religious award for Boy Scouts.

The real possibility that I will be their counselor.

Jeremiah.

A friend returning to Mass after a looooong time away.

For now, that's what comes to mind - though I reserve the right to add more later.  It has been a summer of far more blessings than sorrows.  Truly a gift.  Now it comes to an end.  A meeting with staff today and the influx of students tomorrow. 

May this school year also be a time of more blessings than pain.  May God show me the goodness that He wants me to become.  May our students see the face of Jesus in us.  ~ Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment