Tuesday, January 19, 2010

back to reality...back to normal?

Today, I finally have the feeling of catching my breath and moving on into the new year, with business resuming somewhat as normal after a crazy month or six weeks.  I have missed three of the past seven days of school: one for a funeral, one for a visit, and one to get ready for a differnt visit.  No regrets on any of them.  But it is difficult to get into a routine when there are so many exceptions.

Last week, I didn't make it to work out once.  It is time to get back on track with that and with making healthier food choices.  I went tonight and it was good. 

I have been out of town three times in the past 2 weeks.  I think I will be staying put for a little while.

My daily Mass schedule has been all over the place.  Last week, a friend who I often see at daily Mass asked me if I was OK.  Just tired, I said.  Then I thought and asked, "Haven't been to Mass in 3 days, maybe that's it?" 

And maybe the kids at school will be glad to have things return to normal.  They don't do well with change and disruptions in their routines, either. 

Let the new year begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment