Friday, January 22, 2010

we are family

This past weekend, we visited my stepson and his wife and family.  They are a 12 hour drive or a 90 minute flight away.  Dear hubby drove so that we would have a vehicle (and because he doesn't like flying) and the boys and I flew, along with hubby's sister and mom (good traveling companions).  Stepson and wife have six little ones (ages 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 10), and it was a wonderful chaos of kids from the time we got there until the time we left. 

I think I took over 200 pictures this weekend.  Here are some that would make it into my "top 10".

The master grillers - father and son... or grandpa and dad.. depending on your perspective.




Brothers




The uncles with their oldest nephew!



Here's nephew #2 (# 5 of the whole crew) with some items from his stocking. 



Niece #1.  What a trip!



A little scary when 7 year old girls and 14 year old boys share the same style in footwear!



Niece #2 with Kid #1, looking at the Bible that #6 got for his birthday. 




Niece # 3 enjoying birthday festivities.




Rounding out the half-dozen...the birthday boy!




Guys on the couch!


They love their uncles!


It was happy chaos!

Blogger Vent: 

Once again, I must say that I don't find Blogger's picture adding capabilities very user friendly.  This page has been 3 days in the making.  The first time the pictures wouldn't load.  It was late, and I went to bed.  The next time, I got all of the pictures uploaded, and then after adding two to the blog, clicked on *something* and all the uploaded pictures vanished.  I *know* uploaded pictures are saved on Picassa, so I went there.  Sure enough, my pictures were there, but I couldn't find a simple way to transfer them from Picassa to Blogger.  So...tonight, I uploaded them all again, and here they are (maybe a few more than 10)!

No comments:

Post a Comment