Thursday, February 10, 2011

this week

This week,
I:

Took a half day off of school and spent 3 hours at the dentist while a child got a root canal and a crown.  
I love my iPad.
I sat in the waiting room and caught up on a couple of emails.

Did penance - above and beyond waiting in the waiting room at the dentist. ;-)

Spent a different afternoon at the pediatrician's office. 
We had exactly one ADD patch left. 
I hate going to the doctor with a well kid during sick season. 
I told him not to touch anything.

Went to Bible Study. 
I'm enjoying it, but this time around have not had too many "wow" moments.

Worked out.
Once.

Got my SD card stuck in the computer at school.
Went on-line to figure out how to get it out.
(Stuck a piece of cardstock in the slot.)
Found out that a piece of plastic had broken off of it.  
Panicked.  (How do you spell that.)
Inserted it into my personal laptop and downloaded 2,299 pictures from it.  
Figured it was time to learn more about Picasa.

Ran across this article:  
(I don't usually borrow other people's things for my blog, but I thought this was great.)
Reason #1 - Because I am Awesomely Humble...
I could relate to oh-so-much of it.

Watched a History Channel Special on this guy.


I remember.  
This country needs another like him so, so bad.

Went to a training for a new IEP computer program.
I have said many times that if I go to hell when I die,
my eternal torture will be to use the IEP program we have endured for the past several years. 
Glitchy. 
Prone to PMS.  
It feels kind of good to dump a cross on the scrap heap,
though I'm sure another will come my way soon enough.

Was cold.
It just won't warm up.
Today was bone-chillingly cold.  
Damp.  Windy.  Gray.  Cold.  

What about you?  What's happened this week?




1 comment:

  1. I've got to ask you what you think about the new app for examining your conscience for confession? A priest who has a blog (who is at a parish not too far from me) had a post about it yesterday:
    http://www.blessedisthekingdom.com/

    ReplyDelete