Monday, December 14, 2009

cutting edge

This little gadget arrived in my room on Friday: 
















It is a Promethean Board, and is something like a giant touch screen monitor.  I can hook a laptop to it on the side, and there is a projector on the arm at the top.  The screen can be raised and lowered.  It is SOOOooo cool. 

Even though the internet aspect of it wasn't working today, we still found plenty to do.  Everyone got a chance to write, draw, decorate.  By the last period, I had the sense to save their creations. 

This is exciting for me, because in special ed, we usually get the leftovers.  The textbooks that no one uses, etc.  For us to actually get something new and "cutting edge" is almost beyond words.

This little marvel sells for somewhere between $3,000 and $5,000.  It was paid for with Stimulus Funds.  Be sure to thank your grandkids for me someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment