Tuesday, December 8, 2009

playing on God's team

He chose us in him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and without blemish before him. (Ephesians 1)

At today's school Mass held on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, Father explained that when he was a skinny, buck-toothed kid in junior high, he was usually the last one to get picked for any sort of team.  And when you get "picked" under those circumstances, you're not really being chosen at all; someone is just getting stuck with you. 

But here we are chosen by God before the beginning of the world - from all eternity.  He actually WANTS us on His team!  I think that's a team that I want to play on.  I am often thankful that I have been chosen.   (And from what I hear, it's a winning team!)

No comments:

Post a Comment