Tuesday, December 15, 2009

different scenery

Like many, I am a creature of habit.  It's just good knowing what to expect.  Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays will find me at 6:30 Mass at one church.  Unless I have a before-school meeting, Tuesdays and Wednesdays will generally find me at 7:30 Mass at another parish that is a bit out of the way.

Today, though, was rainy.  The school drop-off line was limited to the 3 or 4 cars that could fit under the pavilion at one time, and so moved more slowly.  By the time I dropped off my bundles of joy at school, I knew I would be late for 7:30 Mass.  Sometimes I will just go ahead and go, praying that the lights are with me and there is a parking place and I am not too late. I figure Jesus would rather see me late, than not at all.   But today, the weather was nasty, the roads were wet, and something told me not to make the trip across town.

But I have really come to depend on my early morning times with Jesus.  (Daily Masses are often a lot quieter than weekend Masses.)  The next best thing?  The adoration chapel.  So I went to "the little chapel down the road" and spent a nice quiet half hour there before I had to be on my way to school. Sometimes that's the best part of the day -  at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment