Wednesday, April 14, 2010

a few good things

Not one of my better weeks. It is testing week at school. You know, the tests that mean more than everything else you do all year long. After which the kids are basically done for the year. After yesterday (when the kids I was testing got left out of lunch) I am threatening to volunteer for jury duty next year during testing week (I don't know how to volunteer, but I have a year to find out) or book a flight to Philadelphia to visit my friend at the monastery and PRAY for those I'm leaving behind at school.

But here's a few good things. In no particular order.

My stepson and family (six kids) are moving about six hours from us. Better than the 12 or 13 they currently are. AND they will be living with his mom for the next few months. She is within about 30 miles of us.

My dear hubby is back at work!! After about 2 weeks of waiting on medical clearance.

God is good!

You could see the stars tonight.

I had Bible Study tonight.

I have read two good books lately. One is "Waiting for Eli"  The other is "Our Lady of Kibeho" by Immaculee'.  I haven't finished it yet, but I am really enjoying it.  Might have me saying the Rosary by the time I am done!

Give me time.  I might think of some more.

Might balance out some of the frustrations in life right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. We just started our testing yesterday; it's such a stressful time. Isn't it nice to have family close by; congrats on your hubby getting the medical clearance to go back to work!
    I'm adding those 2 books to my list; I'm always looking for new books and authors to read!
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete