Saturday, March 13, 2010

could it be spring?

The weather has been nice as of late.  So with nothing too exciting to do for the weekend, I thought it might be a good weekend to be outside and working in my garden.  

But dear husband had other plans.  My phone rang about 7:30 this morning - he was working and his mind must have been going.   The taxes.  He had written down all of the expenses associated with his job and wanted me to add them and "get everything else we need".  My brain wasn't really ready to work that fast that early in the morning.  

But once I got going, I figured it would be better to get the tax stuff done.  Dear hubby tends to make a bigger deal out of that then he needs to.  (Clear off the table, find a place for the kids to go and barricade yourself inside the house for the weekend.)  When in reality it can be knocked out in a couple of hours.  But not wanting to waste a good spring day, I had the bright idea to take the stuff I needed outside - up into the "treehouse" to be specific. 

It was a beautiful day, and mostly peaceful except for the crow squawking,. but after about a half hour, I had to call it quits. The wind was blowing almost constantly, and it was just a little too chilly to be 10 feet off the ground with the wind blowing. 

But I did snap a few pictures.  The sycamore trees in the "way back" are still without leaves, and I like the contrast of the white against the blue sky.  In a few more weeks they will have leaves. 

And then there are the oaks.  All that yellow is not leaves.  It is pollen.  In a few weeks, everything will be covered with a nice dusting of  yellow yuk!  But there is no mistaking that spring is closing in fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment