Thursday, March 18, 2010

touched

My parish has a small choir, but they are awesome.  Tonight they performed "Touched by the Christ," a musical production in which those who came into contact with Jesus during his final days reflect on their experiences.  Each presents a monologue which is followed by a related musical selection.

I went last year and thought that it was just awesome.  Truly, I was touched.  This year, I knew what to expect, and so didn't find it as touching, but still beautiful.  I brought my kids with me this year, thinking they would enjoy it.  One said he thought it was pretty good; the other, not so much.  There were monologues by Mary, the sister of Martha, an officer to Caiaphas, Judas, Peter, Jesus, Pilate, Jesus' Mother, Mary Magdalene, and Thomas.  Draw close to the Christ of the Cross, and He will draw close to you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment