Tuesday, July 20, 2010

parting gift

The time had finally come.  I'd spent the last 4 days at the monastery where my dearest friend lives.  It was a wonderful visit.  Time to connect, time to be alone, time to be with God.  But it was time to say good-bye.  My shuttle was coming at 7:30.  Mass was at 7:15.  So we were meeting at the "turn" at 7:00 for a final hug.  Don't know when we'll be together next; there's over a thousand miles between us.

As I left my room, I saw these guys across the front lawn.  Last year there were deer all over.  I half expected one to wander into the chapel one afternoon, but this year - not so much.  It's too hot.  But this morning, it was like a parting gift. I ran back in to get my camera.  Not the greatest picture quality, but hopefully you get the idea.


Linking this to Jenny's Blog and Sixty Seconds on Tuesday.  Take a minute to capture something ordinary and see it as extraordinary.    (If you're visiting Just a Minute, you might enjoy some of my posts from recent days.)

3 comments: