Wednesday, July 28, 2010

whoever has ears

My blog friend, Mary, commented that God has been having some incredible conversations with me lately, and I have to agree with her. I think that these conversations are happening somewhat because I have time to listen and process.  The pace of life is slower right now, and I have time to actually have a complete thought, to reflect, to recognize God's fingerprints and hear His whisperings.  In a way, it's like having the radio tuned in to the right frequency.

Twice in the past week, the Gospel reading has ended with, "Whoever has ears ought to hear."  I thought maybe that should apply to our elected representatives in Washington , but then again, maybe we won't go there right now....  More than hearing, it's about listening.

A week from today, I return to the dungeon.  I am going kicking and screaming.  Mentally, anyway.

The readings from today spoke to me, and it wasn't necessarily a whisper.  ..."Thus the LORD answered me:  If you repent, so that I restore you, in my presence you shall stand..."  OK - confession is on the agenda for this weekend...the list is ready to go....that pesky lack of trust is on there..."Though they fight against you, they shall not prevail, For I am with you, to deliver and rescue you, says the LORD...."   So we will get through it. God doesn't lie.

I thought it was interesting that the readings the past few weeks have been from Jeremiah.  When I was visiting my friend at the monastery last week (was it just last week??), I sat down in the chair with the Bible, and it opened to a card with Bible verses in MY handwriting.  Last year, when I was there, I had been working on homework for a Bible Study, and I had copied a few verses that I liked.  Guess where they were from??  Jeremiah.

A little while ago, I opened one of those emails that gets forwarded to everyone on some people's email list.  You know the ones - forward this if you're not ashamed of Jesus, yada, yada - (I never do.)  This was a powerpoint,  (nicely done), but on one slide, I just had to stop and stare for a minute.  It said, "The Lord said, 'I will bless the person who puts his trust in me.'"  Bet you can't guess where that is found in the Bible?  Give up?  Yep, Jeremiah.  (17:7)

Edited to add:  After I posted this last night, I popped over to Mary's blog to read, and I noticed that among the blogs she follows - right above mine - was one named...... are you ready for this..... Jeremiah 29:11.  

I think Jeremiah and I need to get reacquainted.  He just might have something to say.  Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! God spots! I have had many lately! Love them. I am sure they are always there, we just need to pay attention~ :)

    ReplyDelete