Saturday, November 7, 2009

so where did saturday go again?

Quickest Saturday on record, I think. 

First of all, I slept until I was good and ready to get up - which was around 7:30 or so.  Said my morning prayers - which if I don't do before I climb out of bed on Saturday, they usually don't get said.  Then I checked a few things on the computer - email, facebook.  Got out of bed, ate, made coffee, did a load or two of laundry.  Took a bath. 

Met a friend at about 11 at the "fall frenzy" to take a look at our school choices for next year for our 8th graders.  My son is most interested in the computer program, and her son is interested in the medical program, so we looked at those two programs.  That took every bit of 2 hours.  She had locked her keys in the car, so we gave them a ride home.  That added a little bit of time. 

Took Kid #2 to meet the Boy Scouts on a campout (over an hour late).  Talked to one of the Cub Scout moms who was there for a while.  She has had some personal issues in her life, as of late, and I hadn't seen her in quite a while.

My original plans had been to drop Kid #2 off at the campout and then head to the nice little chapel and spend some quiet, peaceful time, there, but it didn't work out that way at all.  When I got home, I got ready for 4:00 Mass, though.  I knew I needed at least that bit of peace, and I was right. 

From there, I passed by Walgreens to pick up a prescription for dear hubby, and then out to the campout to drop off some dish towels and pot holders that I had washed up from the previous campout. 

And finally home, in time for supper. 

What happened to my day?  I don't think I even ate lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment