Thursday, January 28, 2010

filling in

A year or two ago, my sister-in-law invited me to go along with her to the Perpetual Adoration Chapel near by.  I'd wanted to go, but didn't really know what to expect, so it was nice to have someone to go with.  Since that time, I have been back there many times.  It is a wonderful quiet place with God's Presence.  Someone is assigned to be there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Last year as one of my Lenten endeavors, I tried to go once a week, but it became clear that no matter how much I wanted to do this, some of my weeks just didn't have that extra hour in it.  At this time in my life, I can't commit to an hour.  However I have often thought that I could sub, and have thought about calling whoever is in charge to offer.  I'm off in the summers, etc.  A few weeks ago when I was there, I saw a sign-up sheet posted on the bulletin board asking for volunteers to substitute.  I didn't write my name on it  that time, but I could hear God calling me.  Next time I went, I added my name to the list.  This week I had two people call me.  The first one, I accepted (for Friday evening).  The second, I had to decline because it conflicted with Bible Study. 

I am so looking forward to my opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment