Wednesday, October 6, 2010

daily meditations

What to write about?

The situation at school - just too maddening sometimes. I want to beat my head against the cinder block wall, sometimes.  Usually, it is not my students who are the cause of this.

Things at home?  Nothing very exciting.  I need to try to find school PANTS for my youngest.  I am pretty sure we bought some.  But not 100%.   All those pairs of navy blue shorts and pants just kind of all meld together.

Just routine ordinary-ness. That is probably a good thing.  And it will probably be short-lived (the ordinary-ness).

While I'm here with nothing interesting to write about, I thought I'd share some of my daily meditations, devotions, whatever you want to call them.

The most recent addition to the family is a book titled "God Calling".  While not necessarily Catholic, my Poor Clare friend gave it to me, and it sat gathering dust on my bookshelf for two years or so.  I picked it up again this past summer, and have been amazed at how it is sometimes exactly what I need to hear.  You can access it online here

Each weekday morning, I receive by email a reflection on the day's readings from St. Monica Parish in Indianapolis.  They are written by different individuals, and I like seeing how they apply the daily readings to their lives.  Sometimes it is a totally different angle than what I heard at Mass. 

My third source for something to meditate on comes from Word Among Us. Click on "more" under today's meditation.  Sometimes I email the meditations to myself so that I can read it again later.

Just ordinary things.  But God can always be found in the ordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment