Saturday, October 2, 2010

e-i-e-i-o

My brother-in-law has always wanted to be a farmer, it seems.  And to that end, he is building a chicken coop.  Or maybe I should say other people - including my 2 boys - are building a chicken coop in his yard.

The other morning about 5 a.m., I heard something cocka-doodling.  Apparently the coop now had tenants.


 With a cluck-cluck here. 



 The "first fruits".  The first egg of the endeavor. 




The boys adding hay to the nesting boxes.  



Oreo, the pig, has chickens for company, now.  I don't think he's real impressed.

The chicken coop still needs to be painted.  The boys are supposed to be working on that tomorrow.  Hopefully none of the chicks will keel over from paint fumes.

Oh - and when the boys start talking about "hot chicks", can I just send them next door??

No comments:

Post a Comment